On the road again today, so if your comment doesn’t get posted immediately, it will likely be posted later on this afternoon. Here are a few updates today.
- As much as National A1 Advertising’s $1 million sale of Poker.org last year seemed smart at the time, it looks even smarter now. With the indictment of several major poker sites yesterday, it will probably be much more difficult to monetize that, at least in the near term.
- Speaking about that indictment, what do you think the UB.com domain name is worth? Wonder how quickly it will be before someone tries to buy it!
- I was biking in Central Park, and I saw a biker get pulled over by a police officer for going through a red light (there’s been a crackdown to avoid injuries). The police officer asked the biker his profession, to which the biker responded that he was a cardiologist. The police officer let him off with a warning telling him the City can’t afford to lose a cardiologist to a bike accident. I couldn’t help but imagine that if it was me, he would have given me the $270 ticket and told me to keep running red lights!
- I noticed that Snowboards.CO was purchased by the owner of Skis.com for $7,500 last week on Sedo. I am interested in seeing how it’s developed and how it ranks in Google and Bing after a few months. This sale may seem anomalous now, but if the owner can build a business on the domain name, sales like this may become more commonplace down the road . I still have a long term positive outlook for the extension, although I still haven’t invested much.
- I saw that Shane is running the Boston Marathon on Monday. I know how much goes into completing a marathon and I wish him all the best.